<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, November 22, 2004 . 7:32 PM

Snap!


Hey guys,
Whenever you see me typing this most prob I'm doing duty in the med ctr. Haa.. It's really boring in here man.
Today happened to be one of the busiest day I'd ever had. There's this reservist Dr who sees patients like super fast and I can't keep up (Cos his main job is to see the patient while mine's to type in everything they say, what the pt (short form for patient) complains of, his dx (short form for diagnosis) , his Rx (short form for prescription), any MC to be given, any ref (short form for referral; to hospitals, to do X rays etc) and blah blah blah). So you can see this whole list of short forms cos they're absolutely NECESSARY! Haa.. To sum it up, my job is everything except talking. But overally its real cool, cos I get to learn all these different medical terms and drugs to be given and I enjoy times when I get to chat with him - got to learn so many new things man. And what more, he received his medical training in PERTH! Yea, Perth way to go man! (Rey you got to Simon yet?)
Recently watched The Shutter. Yea... all the hype about the movie man. Now I shudder at the thought of the movie - a snap-and-find-out-where-the-ghost-is flick. The plot was quite creative and will give one a scream or two but they're mostly simple plays around with sound effects and that sudden apperance of the ghost with a "BURH!". The hyped up promise of "An end that challenges the deeply rooted Asian tradition that will leave you stumped... You have been warned." was an absolute disappointment. What I witnessed was more like "An ending that challenges the deeply rooted foundation that neck and back pain are mostly caused by strains and poor postures." I feel so 'enriched' now by the 'wisdom' of the movie, allowing me to 'better' diagnose the cause of back and neck pain, as follow:
(People who plan to watch the movie avoid highlighting the next lines. You have been warned.)

Diagnosis: Back or Neck ache? There may a ghost sitting on your back. Any attempt to take a picture of yourself yet, sir?
(Pardon me but what the ???) Haa..


Yea a gathering on the 11th would be good. In the meantime, indulge in all the blessings that you've been showered in my friends. No matter what happens, God is by your side and will never leave you, ever. Each of you be blessed with peace and inner hope, forever and for always.

WB