<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, May 19, 2006 . 9:12 AM

Why?!?!


Why didn't they keep Elliot? Such Goons. I mean can you actually imagine Taylor on a cd cover? Nat and me were laughing at how funny it would be. Well 1st was Mandisa then it was Chris. Such shockers. Anyways, Taylor has a 99.9% chance of being the next American Idol. He is by far the most popular and has charisma which Kat sort of lacks. Well he is one loony fella man. But conqrats to him.

Yay. The funny guys won TAR. haha. not bad.Pull yourself together Dash. Its not the 1st time your favourite team hasn't won. Work has been a bore. Well I learnt how to use excel better. I learnt how to do spreadsheet. Had to make a mindmap thingy and filing system and making of labels and stuff. Everyday just typing stuff. Been keying in data for complaints made by customers of Surgilance. The americans have such weird names man. Speaking of names, I saw Evans Road just now. Cool. Apparently, I have a road named after me too. * Beams* Terry showed me. Its in Aust though. haha. Well this goes out to everyone (As the Aussies says it) " Now where the bloody hell are you?" Everyone is missing in action. Jared and Weibin can you all blog or write something to let us know you all are fine. Qing also another one.

As usual, our stayover has been postponed. I think by the time I go US and come back, the stayover wouldn't have materialised yet. So tiring. Been going out everyday to meet people and sleeping late and waking up early. Met so many weird people on buses. Today, there was this guy who was like dressed up for winter la. I mean like it was a sunny morning and he had a pullover, a scarf?!?! and a beanie. Then just a few days ago, I was sitting beside this Indian guy who really smelled bad. I mean like I nearly puked man. I'm not being racist here. I absolutely love all of GOD's creation but ya. That reminded me of when we were on our way to China and Elvin was sitting beside this old couple from China and they too smelled real bad according to Elvin and apparently they kept farting in the plane. haha. That was hilarious and they seemed to be following him as if he were the messiah. Elvin was horrified of course and just wanted to shake them off.

Well, China did have its highs and lows for me. Everyone enjoyed themselves ya. I for one had issues here n there with the gang but its all good now. Sorted things out and it was a load off my chest. I felt like i learnt more about everyone on that trip. It was an eye-opener for sure. We went to most of the usual places like Great Wall, Summer Palace, Forbidden City and Ming Tombs which was by far the suckiest place. Good thing China bans blogger. If not I may be incriminated for whatever I'm about to say. Anyway, most of the places have been certified by UNESCO as being world heritage and what not but they are really not that fantastic. I mean like the architecture and designs are almost similar with dragons and phoenixes and what not. yeah but after a while, it gets really boring. Basically, they are preparing for Olympics now so most of their attractions also undergoing restoration so didn't get to see a few. I don't know but maybe I'm just bias. Haha. But i mean people like to say how to are going back to China to rediscover their roots blah blah but I seriously feel like after the trip, I dont feel any more chinese or less chinese. I mean like....

The food was super oily. The weather was really bad in Beijing. Was super cold and I hate when my fingers go numb. My wisdom tooth was coming out so you can imagine how uncomfortable it was to eat. Thought of having my wisdom tooth plucked out when I got back but thank GOD the pain went away. I would have to pay loads too cause I'm already a civilian. Haiz. Then of course there was some disagreements i had with the guys. So ya. Shanghai was just another city but Jared's uncle was such a gracious host. He has such a nice uncle. He brought us to nice restaurants and we went on a cruise along the famous Bund. Went to an artistic acrobatics performance. Hangzhou was the most scenic of course. The walk along the causeway was really relaxing. Sorry pal that you had to suffer the collateral damage ya.

Coming back, I was so reluctant to spend money cause everything there is so cheap. Food and transport and of course the clothes. Went to all those flea markets and haggling with the vendors was fun. I like to exasperate all those vendors with attitude problems. They would ask for a price and I would just say 50 yuan which is like 10 sing. Then some would curse me and all but I didn't care. Haha. Didn't really buy much stuff for myself. Mostly for other people. Bought the some Olympics memorabilia. The chinese are really smart. They have 5 mascots. Beibei, Jingjing, Huanhuan, Yingying and Nini and together, the 5 form the words Beijing Huan Ying Ni which translates to Beijing Welcomes you(for all those chinese illiterates). So innovative and it sure is a money making machine.

Now got sales here and there but I can't spend cause I'm saving up for my trip to the US. So exciting. K i shall write more soon. Hopefully. HAHA.

Slacker