<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, August 27, 2007 . 7:14 AM

my stunning return to the US part 1


hi folks......


greetings from the USA after an Uber Sucky Air journey!!!!!!! yes yes... it took me 50 hours! 50 shitty hours, and i tell you, the 23rd august is now ranked 2nd as MY WORST DAYS IN 2007 following the 4th january "stranded-in-miami-God-please-help-me" day which I will so remember - hungry, smelly, helpless, frustrated, dissed, constipated, weary.... OK, I arrived at New York JFK airport at about 1030hrs (US Eastern Time) and was suppose to take a connecting flight to Chicago at 1450hrs, and upon arrival at Chicago, catch a 3hr-bus ride to Madison. ETA: 2100 hrs, 23rd Aug, Thursday.


At about 1400 hrs, an attendant announced that my flight to Chicago had been delayed to 1515 hrs because "the aircraft has not arrived." - I didn't even blink an eye.


At 1500 hrs, I walked passed the DEPARTURE TV and learnt that the flight had been delayed to 1700 hrs. No public announcements.... no explanations..... - I was starting to get pissed.



After an hour or so, my flight suddenly disappeared from the departure display TV! What the?????????????????? I received a call from AA informing me that the flight has been cancelled and offered me a 1225hrs flight (24th Aug) to Durham, NC and then connect to Chicago.. NONONONONONONONO... NO WAY MAN! That would mean arriving at Madison in the evening on Friday, 24th Aug!



To find out what happened, stay tuned to part 2......... ! hahaha....... i'm just sian blogging now. Wanna go get some shut eye.



ok, THANK YOU folks for coming down to send me off... I told you all dun need already ma.
elvin - hope you've recovered from your fatigue.
qing - the pandan cake didn't manage to camouflage well with rey's tee
jared - you got me!
rey - your mooncakes survived the 50hour feat better than I did. I'll be posting it to del tmr.
JAC!!! thanks for your note... i agree with the paper quality *chuckles* and i'll definitely post more pics of you up! and haha, NO, I WILL POST YOUR SCANDALOUS PIX WITH JARED! muahahahahahahahaha.......
airport bytes...

finally have some time now to blog. busy. busy cleaning up my new apartment. busy. busy unpacking and furnishing the house. busy. busy bringing juniors around. tired. tired from crazy journey. tired. tired from the chores. tired. tired from the sore throat and lack of sleep!

bye! going to nap liao. still got tons of emails to reply!

dash