Saturday, December 15, 2007 . 5:40 AM
Hey guys, how is everyone doing back home? I'm sure everyone is busy filling up their schedules with meaningful stuff to do. While everyone is playing, people here are like mugging their heads off. Talked to JH that night and he sounded quite stressed out. Hang in there bro. It will soon be over.
1 mnth is such a short time. I have been here for a wk already. Time seems to elude and play with me like I were an ignorant fool. How I wish I were wiser. After the exams on the 4th, I was tearing out of the hall and went out to celebrate. Ok technically, I was already in a celebratory mood after my heavy SW mod on Saturday but we shall just assume I'm a really hardworking student here. Met up with J and J and J. haha. All in 1 day. Quite fruitful I must say.
The food at Food for Thought was not something to rave about and the portions were tiny too. Good thing I met up with the guys on the 4th. It was nice to see everyone after such a long time. Continued chatting at WB's house. I'll catch up with you when I'm back man.
Spent the whole day with Jibbles on the 5th and had fellowship @ Fish and Co with SHEMA guys. I was eagerly anticipating the moment. Had a little problem at the airport cause they were asking for my address in Atlanta and I had it in my lappie but it died on me. Good thing I could charge it in time.
And so I started my 20+ hour journey to the Land of Peaches. My flight to Narita was relatively peaceful cause I was tired and conked out throughout the flight except for times when I woke up to eat. Northwest was not bad. We had personal screens but too bad i wasted my time sleeping.
Upon reaching Minneapolis, I had a slight delay at customs cause they were asking me a whole series of questions like "where did you meet your gf?", "what you going to work as next time?" blah blah and the list goes on. Thought I would miss my connecting flight as I was summoned into the questioning room. Do I look like a stowaway or an illegal immigrant to you? Good thing I didn't take offense but I seriously doubt this is the way to go about filtering potential "terrorist" don't you think?
Anyway, after touching down I was greeted with this....
A picture that would excite the inner child in my dad. Flown by the US Air Force. They looked really cute and stubby.
Signs that Christmas is coming. People adorn their houses with all sorts of decorations and this house was particularly funny cause they had penguins and weird stuff outside.

My 1st time seeing snow and feeling the chilliness of it as I walked on the air bridge. I was freezing i tell you. I do hope NY won't be this cold.
Finally got a chance to sit @ the window cause it was not fully booked as it was my internal flight to Atlanta.
Don't you just feel like bouncing on the blanket of clouds.
As del is in the midst of her exams and she still had school, I followed her for lessons the past few days and it just brought back sweet memories of us being in VJ. I mostly hung out in the library. Occasionally I would sneak in using her card cause its so troublesome to sign in as a guest all the time. I was like a full time student there and I did feel bad about hogging the comp for so long but del was adamant and said she paid so much for school fees and I should be entitled to use the comps too. Of which I gleefully obliged and spent my days just watching free but LEGAL online episodes of Greys and Brothers and Sisters, unlike *ahem* some people I know who d/l shows ALL the time. Tsk tsk. Del has been bringing me around and the walk to Alon's was a long but worthy one. Crabcakes and the roast beef sandwich was delectable to say the least.
"raw materials" for our recent cookout.
Ok this dish was a disaster. It was like a smorgasbord of leftovers. Haha. Turned out rather spicy. It was tofu with crabstick and minced pork to the untrained eye.
Sauteed onions with mushrooms and rib eye marinated with Southwestern spices! Turned out not too bad.
And finally a picture with my new found best friend. Can't wait for Wed to be over. Then we can go out and have fun. The house is rather nice with a lake at the back. Tried boating and the hot tub already.
It has been enjoyable. One does not need to do much when one is in the company of loved ones. Every waking moment with my favourite girl makes me a very happy boy.
Dear Lord, please let time pass by slower.
Slacker















