<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 . 4:17 AM

inside a travel bug's mind - checkpt 1


Having big plans about my graduation trip now…. I know, I know, it’s a little too early to be dreaming about it. I think I’ve mentioned to many people before how Americans are so very blessed to be in such a beautiful country.... tonnes of things to do (besides eating, shopping, working and sleeping) and magnificent landscapes aplenty. It comes as no surprise to many that more than 80% of Americans do not travel overseas (don’t quote me on this!), simply because you can do almost anything you wanna do here in the USA. Diving, caving, hiking, skydiving, mountaineering.... Anything. There’s just so MUCH to see and do here. Let me see how I should go about spending my precious breaks…. Ah…So the yellow pins are actually places where I plan to go for my grad trip… Starting from Salt Lake City, Utah, we’ll cut through the Arches, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley, Yosemite and finally end off at San Francisco, California… sounds like a perfect way to end it! And then a flight from San Fran back to Singapore!!

And the black pins show places I really hope to go someday in the US
1) Washington DC… yea, I know, I still have not been to CAPITAL CITY of the USA!!!
2) Boston. I wanna visit MIT and Harvard, and also Sarah…. Have been saying that I’ll visit her someday but haven’t got down to doing it. Will go there to satisfy my seafood cravings! Wahahahaha….
3) Philadelphia – I need to stomach one real Philly Steak someday!
4) Niagara Falls! One natural beauty not to be missed!
5) Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee/North Carolina – heard from friends that this is a must-go too.. but it’s a tad too out of way… sighz…
6) And Montpelier, Vermont to visit the birthplace of our all time-fave, after dinner dessert – BEN and JERRY’s ICECREAM!!!
So many places….. Limited money… limited time!

Oh, here are some overdue pix.. I know I haven’t been bloggin much during the Spring sem. Brown pins above mark the checkpoints of the Mother of all roadtrips we have had… 7 packed in a Dodgy, more than 7000 miles, covering 7 destinations, with countless bridge games, Jay Chou songs and food scourging… ah, I heart.

MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN
This is one weekend trip I'll never forget. Had a very rough week before that... 2 exams, 1 paper, 2 lab reports and 1 research proposal due. Almost 'died', but that weekend get-away was most certainly a brilliant reward!
HARPERS FERRY, IOWA
Refreshing weekend snowhike at the Effigy Mounds
INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
State capitol of Indiana
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE
The Music City
MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE
Graceland, home of King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley
DALLAS, TEXAS
All you can eat buffet at Tokyo-One!! Chocolate-coateds strawbs to die for!!
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Oklahoma City National Memorial illuminated at night...
ST LOUIS, MISSOURI
Jefferson National Expansion
SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS
Home of Abraham Lincoln
MAMMOTH CAVE, KENTUCKY
The ultimate caving experience!
dash