<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, April 16, 2006 . 11:37 PM

the great wall - china's pride


That's us at The Great Wall - Badaling. The weather was pretty bad that day. Not only was it freezing cold (chilly winds numbed our faces), it was rather hazy too, so we couldn't get any nice shots of the Great Wall - clear crisp view. So this is The Great Wall's Best Shot...



Admittedly, I love the Taj Mahal more.... so so much more. I fell in love with it at first sight... The Great Wall??? It's impressive as a whole but it certainly lacked the WOW factor, but yes, a must-visit destination if you come to Beijing. A little too touristy... so if you wanna avoid the crowds, head for Simatai or Mutianyu.

It's Easter Sunday today, so Happy Easter to all folks. Had a very "siong" holy weekend. Attending City Harvest's Easter service yesterday night at Expo where the hall was bursting with eager worshippers. They had their annual Easter play, which is, IMO, The Passion - Asian version. In a nutshell, the sermon was about the meaning of the resurrection. One, it cancels our debts. Two, it gives us the ability overcomes our problems. Three, it allows our characters to change (for the better... DUH!!) I attended the 6:30am Sunrise service at my church. I contemplated giving the sunrise service a miss, but the sentimental me felt it was necessary for me to go not only because it has become a yearly tradition for our family, but because I won't be able to attend sunrise services over the next few years.... *sobs* After the sunrise service, we had hot-cross buns... also another yearly affair, which will always ring nostalgia in me while I'm away. Then I sat through the 8:30am Combined service in which the pastor had a very interesting message for us. The explicated the lessons learnt from the Road to Emmaus (read Luke 24:13-35). One of which is how our experiences with Jesus are best experienced through scripture, sacrament and regular spiritual worship and discipline. I can't help but agree with him. We are called not to be infants feeding on milk, but adults feeding on solid food. Hence, the walk to Christian maturity is to recognise and take responsibility with our relationship with God, letting Him work in our hearts, through the Holy Spirit. May you, my dear friend reading this, be not ashamed of the cross, instead with thanksgiving and praise, rejoice at the very fact that He has risen and this resurrection power has given us victory over death and sin. Be encouraged and know that we need Christ everyday... Have a great week ahead! Till we meet again...

dash