Saturday, June 24, 2006 . 11:03 PM
dash wanna be in....
sorry for missing the past 2 weeks of friday fives - especially not going to miss this since it's about movies!!! and these are the movies i would like to star in (not so much of picturing myself in it.... hehee, sama sama la...). ps: This is in order of merit!!!
dash would like to be in...
5) Scream
yes, you got it right. Sadistic, psychotic - what ever you wanna call it. The Scream Team got me so into horror sadistic flicks during my secondary school days, throughout the movie, my heart raced and adrenaline seared through my veins as the storyline unfolds. Always kept at the edge of my seat... But as I watch more of such flicks, I kindda expect what's going to happen in the end - it becomes quite predictable. Of course, I wanna be the protagonist, not the one being murdered la! (DUH!)
4) X-men
Despite the very disappointing finale, I am still super salivatory fan... And I'd like to be Wolverine - anytime! hehee... it might probably be the only time i get to showcase my talents of being the very savage and untamed self. (hm... wonder how havoc i'll become) yep, to let loose and relish the wild human side!!!! Yipee...
3) Mission Impossible
I seriously don't give much about some Rabbit's foot, but yea, being able to star in this action-packed thriller, doing all sorts of crazy stunts and going to around the globe are plus factors that attracts me to want to star in that. besides, who'd decline a chance to be tha cool, hunky dude just for that movie? ;)
2) Harry Potter
Ok, I know this may come as a shocker for many - even myself. For one, I've never really been a Harry Potter fan.... I do not read Harry Potter books (only read one, the first one -read that book last year coz I was bored to death! -... eh... can't even remember the name of it) or watch Harry Potter (also except for the first one). I'd like to meddle with the mystical world of magic (though I don't believe in it) and be a kid again! Think a tour in Hogwarts (wow, I'm amazed I still remember the name of the school) and a game of Quidditch (wow, i'm impressed at myself for remembering these!!!) would be great. Imagine flying around on brooms and concocting potions... WAhh.... *wide eyed enthusiasm of a 7 yr old*
1) Moulin Rouge
This movie came to my mind immediately when I saw the topic for this week's friday's five. Beat all the others hands down. It's the only movie I actually paid to watch twice in the cinema! Was totally enraptured by the music, the drama, the dance, the love story... everything - less the very tragic ending that Satin had to die.... "Love is like the many splendid things.... Love is like oxygen. All you need is love." And boy I'd like to say (more like serenade) that to the One. And in Moulin Rouge, you get to do all sorts of things. Dance (yes, I like), sing (yes, I like), act (yay, i want)... Perfecto! I particularly like the movie musical concept. Very refreshing, very original and the story, tho sappy and tragic, is peppered with comedy and laughter. And the last scene which saw Ewan McGregor (with his trusty type writer) weeping as he ended his story with this very encouraging love quote, "The greatest thing in life is to love and be loved in return." Anybody would like to refute that??? Haha..... Undoubtedly, still my all time favourite.
K, that's all for now.... Keep postin.
cheers,
dash















