Tuesday, June 13, 2006 . 12:21 AM
Heartburn
How were your wkends people?
Jared tell us all about your trip and when is your driving test? All the best k. Pray for peace. Hope you are enjoying yourself.
Mum, when is church camp again? Does Her Ching want anything?
Bin, All the best for your exams. Study hard k and stop playing.
JH, you feeling any better?
Qing and Elvin, Whats up with work? Too boring is it.
Anyway, the wkend came and went away as usual. Now I'm back in the office again. Just came across this guy who has the last name Rude. Can you imagine? Someone asking "Are you rude?" and the person says yes I am. I digress. Doing data entry makes me sick. Have to squint my eyes sometimes. I'm going blind I tell you.
Saturday, we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Bought some titbits. Very old school. Haha. Then we went to Lake Lanier to look at houses again and went to a park. Nice scenery. Relaxing. Stayed home for dinner and Del and Lana cooked noodles and pasta cause everyone was lazy to go out.
Sunday was the 1st time I went to church. Missed service on Pentecost Sunday though. Went Ru San for lunch, which was a Jap restaurant and had the buffet which was not too spectacular but it was about 10 USD per person. Most of their sushi is fried and they don't really serve sashimi. I ate so much that I had indigestion and had heartburns the whole day. Intermitten ones of course. Like suddenly got chest contractions. I thought I was dying lor. So painful. Went shopping. They had sale at Macy's but didn't find anything. Most of their shops close really early. Like 6. So lazy man. Uncle Pat bought some shirts and socks and was hoping he could get a 20% discount on everything but only the socks were discounted cause it was a regular priced item and it was the cheapest one somemore. Haha. Had dinner at a Southern restaurant called Smoky Bones. Mozarella cheese sticks are so yummy. Had collard greens which are like mei cai but not salty.
Just got tickets for 6 flags. Got half priced tickets. Uncle Pat just asked me whether I wanna come over in December cause he has to come back to Singapore for a Board Meeting with Aunt Val and was thinking of asking me to come back to accompany Del and Lana. Woohoo. Del says maybe he is thinking of offering me a free ticket again. I'm so blessed. Muahahah. If I do come back, maybe I can visit JH. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do in NY and Boston?
Hmmmm... When we were in China, I was thinking how nice Uncle Joe is and how Jared was so fortunate. He was so hospitable and generous. Then, when my uncle asked me to go Maldives with him and he said he was paying, I thought that my uncle is not bad too except due to some family stuff here and there then my impression of him gets abit clouded sometimes. But I was thinking of tagging along with him whenever he went places cause he really stays at nice places and nice is really an understatement here. I went for an all expense paid trip to Maldives but haven't blogged about that too. Haha. Then thinking about Uncle Pat, well he has treated me real well. He redeemed his mileage points for me to sit SQ to LA then he paid for my flight to Atlanta and also for the upcoming trip to NY. I mean what more can I ask for. I get free accomodation, food and the experience of working in his company here. Cool. Just that I wish I was doing something else and learning something more. But I'm pretty blessed. Although I ain't paid a lot but he said he wants me to feel like I'm working for my trip here and not that he is paying for me. Del gets 10 USD an hr mind you while I get paid 600 Sing a mnth but he is paying me 2 mnths worth for a mnth of work to offset any discrepancies.
Was talking to ZM just now and he said nothing beats the US and I agree cause I'm enjoying every minute of life here. I mean I get to spend time with Del even though we are not holidaying now. Was thinking about settling down here and we were talking about the education system here and she says that children here are not as hardworking as Singaporeans. Actually, whenever I think about home, now I'm only thinking about how I can drive around when I'm back. Haha. Del is worried that when I'm in uni, I will stray so please restrain me people if you see me getting out of hand. For my sake and hers. Anyway, she is taking up driving too when school starts. Went to the driving school on Saturday and I must say that Comfort is 100 times better. Their facilities don't look as impressive although when they start their practical, they can actually start going on the highway. That's really dangerous man. Hopefully she gets her license before I come then she can drive me around instead of depending on her parents to bring us around.
I need to do more shopping but not enough money. Must save for the Florida trip. Hmmm... Maybe I should have brought more. J changed 2k and he only going to LA for 2 wks and he is afraid that its not enough. Sheesh. K back to work. Have a great wk peeps. God bless.
Slacker















