<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, July 02, 2006 . 6:58 PM

Five to Fly....


Hey folks, dash reporting his top 5 die-die must see places!!! And boy, I agree Rey that 5 places just ain't enough! Unlike Qing, travelling is definitely at the top of my hobby list but sadly, one must have the money and time - and I fear that the older we get, the less we get to travel because of family and work commitments. Still my 5 picks (in no particular order)....

Numero 1 Dahab/Cairo, Egypt
Egypt is the dream place to go... and Dahab is one of the most exotic diving places on earth. It is a focus of tourism development, with swaying palms, fine sand and wonderful snorkeling opportunities. Yep, diving is definitely something I would like to pick up some day. Any interested party wanna join me??? Explore the mystifying pyramids, relive one of the world's ancient civilisation and soak up the Saharan atmosphere! Sennnnsaaatiioonaal!!! ;P And a cruise down the world's longest river Nile will be a bonus!

Numero 2 Kyoto/Tokyo/Nara/Nagoya/Sapporo/Okinawa/Kobe, Japan
I know I'm greedy (so many places), but Japan is a must to go! Japan is THE place to go if you wanna see the mesmerising seasonal beauty. Japan simply has so so much to offer. Besides its enchanting and unique shrines (Yasukuni, anyone?), Japan is widely known for its multifarious matsuri, or festivals all year round. And yes, a therapeutic and revitalising on-sen stark naked is also a must... haha.... From the bustling business district at Shibuya to the serene nature parks of Okinawa, from the springtime cherry blossoms (sakura) to the whitesheet snow that covers much of the country in winter, Japan is all in one!!! And I hope to stay in a traditional ryokan when I'm there, don a 'kimono', sleep inside a futon, eat fresh sashimi, drink sake, and watch a maiko's graceful dance, accompanied by the shamisen... Ikimasho!!!

Numero 3 Barcelona/Valencia/Madrid, Spain
Another culturally rich European country besides France, Germany and the likes (which I too wanna see if I have the chance) Barcelona incorporates in its urban street patterns of Roman remains, medieval districts and the most beautiful examples of Modernism and 20th century avant-garde art. Its long cultural agenda includes visit to museums, exhibitions, outdoor sculptures... and an extensive calendar of music, theatre, and dance. Definitely for the artsy people, and maybe a honeymoon destination to consider.

Numero 4 Angel Falls, Venezuela
Somewhere southwest of Venezuela, nestled in the huge expanse of forest cascades the world's tallest waterfall. Yep, Angel Falls is no doubt one of the world's nature haven, an ideal travel destination for nature lovers. The incredible Angel Falls, visualizes a spectacular scenario, with beautiful water falls inviting you for a refreshing swim or a sun bath on the beautiful white sand. This atmosphere calls for a unique visit at least once in a lifetime!!!

Numero 5 Jerusalem, Israel
Rey, we should do this pilgrimage together!!! Haha, Jared WB, interested??? Yea, I echo the same sentiments. Would truly be an amazing experience to be where Christianity first originated, though I think Israel is not very stable politically now...

Rey, no fair... you wrote "anywhere in Europe"... Hullo, that's like 1001 places la! Middle Eastern places like Muscat, Bahrian, Iran sure excites my travel gene too! Heh, my list is not exhaustive though.... Whisk me... whisk me away.....

Blessed week ahead.

dash