Friday, February 16, 2007 . 7:03 PM
An Eventful 2nd Term, but also a very Busy One
Hi, long time to see everyone liao, The last time must be Rey and Wb when we went to Geylang for supper, shit, that was damn long ago, I feel so bad we haven't met for so long. Well at least on the 20th of Feb we'll see each other:P
Ok, quick summary of my life up to now. First, week 3 of school(now its week 7 liao), my salsa auditions for perfromance team, and I managed to get in hahah, next time catch me at performances in SMU, or I'll video it for you all to watch! Anyway training is starting tml and I'm damn excited cause it's one of my aims to actually get into the salsa team! Yeah!!! So was very happy then and now too since I really wanna improve and become a better dancer.
I'm also into other dances now too, I'm taking dance lessons outside on tuesday and fridays too, I just finsihed salsa intermediate and I'm planning to do Turns Techniques and Men's Styling next, followed by Hiphop and Funk.
Ok onwards to week 4, see I signed up for this SMU competition called Cognitare biz case challenge 2006. I went for the preview talka dn was rather interested cause I could learn sth new and tried sth different so I signed up with my friends. Then I was quite sian when the date was approaching and wanted to quit the thing but I couldn't find a replacement and the competition judges wouldn't let us change to anyone we chose, they would randomly pick indivdual participants. I couldn't let my team work with some other pple they didn't know so I decided to lan lan suck thumb and go for it.
Guess what, it was probably one of the best decisions I made for this year so far. We went for the competition, it was a biz case given to us at 730pm on friday night and we had to crack it within 15hrs, which means by 1030am the next day, we had to submit a powerpoint presentation to the organisers and make our sales pitch/presentation at 12nn to a panel of faculty. My team managed to work pretty well together even though we hadn't like worked together before. We worked like shit but managed to finsihed it after like 1hour of sleep and 1hour before the deadline. We then rushed down to submit it and waited to present. Ok so the competition is such that 25teams are split into 5 groups, each group judged by a panel and the best from each group ends up in the finals.
Guess what, we made it to the finals, a freshman team beat all the other teams to make it to the finals!!! And we were to first to present. We were damn scared, cause now it was in front of all the participants and we were totally not prepared cause we tot we were out liao, talk about surprises. Anyway we did our stuff and won 3rd overall, not bad huh.
After that I was invited to go for the selection interview for the team that will go overseas to compete in the future. But have to do another case and this time by yourself within 48hrs from thu to sat. And I knew this was an opportunity not easy to come by, so I did go for it, and I got in among 40 over people. I was one of the 3freshmen that was selected and 12 memebrs were chosen. Ya its really a good experience for me so ya I'm really glad I didn't quit initially.
Ok then onwards to now, taking dance and I met someone... well it was just a few days ago that I met her but, she's special hahha and we can talk rather well, and I think we're both interested, well this kind of thing hard to say lah, see how loh, test water first... Of course she's not perfect but who is, she's not from SMU btw so see how lah. Ok my update for now! see ya guys!

Me and My Friends

My Cognitare Team!















