<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, May 20, 2007 . 10:20 PM

Being set apart


A few wks ago, SG mentioned about clubbing and for the 1st time in a long time, I told him that I didn't want to go but I did not explicitly mention the reason for doing so. He went on to comment that we (I think he was referring to Bin, Bestest and me) are too holy. That set me thinking and I took it as a compliment actually. To the masses, everything is about "me, myself and I". What we do may seem weird and might be despised upon by the world but I want to make a stand and I am very glad that I am assured of my identity in Christ and nothing can take that away. In fact, I feel it is rather sad and pathetic that people base their worth on looks, grades and on whether they are part of a cool clique. All these are so temporal. Why can't more people see that.

Until recently, I thought it was perfectly fine to go clubbing cause I saw no harm in it. I personally felt that I was there to have fun and not to check people out and to get drunk. But God did show me that it was not an environment that was glorifying to HIM and since i have to set a good example, I accepted the reasoning. I thank God that I have not much friends who are into the whole clubbing scene and I have not had to compromise my stand. Maybe its cause most of my friends have similar characters and are christians but as Matt so aptly put it "I rather be a deviant. A deviant for God." So very true. Set me apart dear Lord for your namesake.

Slacker