<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, September 30, 2007 . 10:13 PM

woke up after september ended


hello folks,

sorry for my sudden disappearance from the bloggosphere. So much has happened over the past month I really don't know where to start. For one, school has begun - and fast, and I'm already feeling pretty spent after just 4 weeks of school. B-A-D. I can only ascribe to my failure at planning a good timetable and for "overestimating" my finite abilities.

Am taking 8 graded mods this sem, of which Biochemistry and Inorganic Chem forms the "core" subjects for me this sem. Inorganic Chem was really fun at first, until I was thrown into the repulsive realm of quantum physics, and yes, the stupid Schroedinger's equation... EWWWWW.. You guys know how much I detest physics. Yuck! Biochem's great too, just that the class is flooded with freakin pre-meds, and how they always screw up the curves... argh. I never fail not to hear some pre-meds (i assume) behind me testing one another the 20 amino acids to we have to memorize.... which is aliphatic, polar etc... "Oh, L's not lysine. It's leucine. Remember there are only 2 amino acids with Ls but lysine's the one with the K," declares one all-knowing smart-alec to his friend, who mixed lysine up with leucine. PREMEDS! *hmph*

Surprisingly, I've piqued an interest in Anthropology, which I was at first quite put off because of the amount of readings. There's a fair amount of work in this class, but the discussions and topics that we touched on, on the fundamentals of cultures and diversity, really shed light to a relatively 2dimensional subject (or so i thought) into something really amazing. We watch films almost every week during lecture and I think the prof's not bad. Linguistics would be the most therapeutic class of all... It keeps my mind away from all the science stuff, and it's very interesting. I have 2 labs (my own research and Ochem lab), and a couple of seminar classes that I've to juggle with as well.... so yeah, very VERY stretched this sem. :(

BUT...................... It's not all work and no play! Though I end up having guilt trips whenever i engage in things I really shouldn't be doing (like watching bleach/naruto or playing DinerDash2). I attended my first Games day a couple of weeks ago! IT WAS AWESOME! Early in the morning, people were already streaming into Camp Randall (our school stadium), all dressed in red (yea! wisconsin's school color!) - and we were no exceptions. School spirit was extremely strong. Fellow Badgers (that's what we call ourselves - Badger's our school animal) hollering "EAT SH*T, F*** YOU!" to any opponent supporters seen standing around our spectator area, clanging our keys at the start of a new game, "vibrating" forward and backward whenever we get a touch down.... Don't really get why, but we followed anyhow.
September's also a month for birthdays! Kayi's 20th on the 9th, Harwin's 21st on the 16th, and Royston's 22nd just last tuesday, during Mid-Autumn Fest. The 7 of us shared a mooncake, had some green tea and admired my beautiful softwhite ceiling light.
Harwin's birthday at Bandung Indonesian RestaurantThe 8 of us.... Lest you are wondering where the 8th person is... See the cell phone? That's our senior Miss Katrine Apple Teeny Tan Sihui on the line, celebrating with us.
Appleberry Farm, Cross Plains, WI (280907)

After my very distressing biochem midterm, I decided I needed a breather, so I went to an apple orchard about half an hour drive away from Madison.

And yes, Jonathan apples are very popular here! HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
To conclude this crazy month, SSA (Singapore Student's Association) organized a daytrip to Devil's Lake yesterday. Felt really good to breathe some fresh, non-campus air. We hiked up a really stoney path up the peak so have a breathtaking look at the lake.
Ever wondered how such a top heavy rock could stand balanced for years?
SUMMER'S OVER, SAY HI TO FALL!!!!!


y-e-a!
dash