<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 . 3:44 AM

c-AM-br-I-dge week 5


nope... I wasn't IN Cambridge last weekend. I wasn't even in the UK to begin with. Made my first and last trip out of the UK (before going back to Singapore that is...) to Dublin with XY, CL and 2 other A*STAR friends from Imperial, Kenneth and YQ. Anyone who's a fan of Guinness will know that Ireland's home to this much celebrated stout in the world. After this visit, I concluded that I'm not at all a Guiness fan. I much prefer to stick to Spotted Cow or Miller beer from Wisconsin.
Picture of the week: CL declares her Genius status! *LoL*
Cheers! At the Gravity Bar - highest level of the Guinness Storehouse - where one can take in the 360 degree view of Dublin city over a refreshing pint of Guinness.

Dublin's not big at all so we could do with just our legs. We strolled along River Liffey and got to The Spire - according to YQ - is Dublin's millenia icon. (see the spiky needle-look-alike thinggy, that's the Spire)
Four Courts, by the River Liffey
On hindsight, I'm glad we booked a tour bus to get us out of Dublin city to catch a glimpse of Ireland country side. Absorb in the breathtaking pristine natural irish landscapes. Dublin was easily covered in a day, so off we went to Glendalough on Sunday.

Dublin bay on the drive towards Wicklow.
That's Kiliney - a town where the wealthiest in Ireland live. Enya's castle, to the far left.... some famous writer lives here too.... and Daniel Day Lewis as well. Not forgetting My Ryanair (the brainchild of Europe cheapest budget airline) resides here too.
Lough Tay aka Guiness Lake


Over at St Kevin's Monastery in Glendalough. Check out the crumbled church building on the right... from what I've seen, it can at most house 4 people!!!
House still standing from 5 century bc
Typical of Irish towers - circular....
Hike to the Lower and Upper Lakes....
Trinity College, Dublin
One last glimpse of River Liffey

Managed to catch up on our sleep debt yesterday. The overnight camp at Stansted airport was something I'll never wanna remember, as much as I am a 'seasoned' airport camper.

good news..... sonali gave birth to a baby girl - angeli! :) bad news...... federer's defeat in the wimbledon. boo.... :(

home: 20 days

dash