Tuesday, June 27, 2006 . 3:02 AM
Another One Bites The Dust
Had quite a fun weekend. Friday knocked off work early to go for the musical, Chicago. We skipped dinner as we were full from a late lunch and Aunty didn't want to cook. Went to the Fox Theatre in downtown Atlanta. The musical was funny and just like the movie and I love the song Cellophane Man. The seat arrangements were not good and Aunty was complaining about the lighting cause we could not really see their faces. Really want to see Rent. Next up, the glitz and glamour of Broadway. By the time the show ended, it was so late. Went to IHOP, which is open 24 hours. That's like the 3rd trip there in 2 days. Absolutely sian of it but once again Del had her stuffed french toast, which has yucky cinnamon in it. I, on the other hand, decided to go easy on my bulging tummy and eat something more organic. Had spinach salad with ranch dressing. Felt proud of myself. Haha. But as you know, the portions were humongous. There was chicken and bleu cheese and loads of spinach. It was yummy but I think it was still quite fattening.
Went to Smoke Rise on Saturday to play golf with Del and her parents. Uncle Pat taught me the finer strokes of golf. Its actually quite fun but it is a slow game. A few of my balls went haywire and flew into the bushes. Lost forever to the unforgiving wilderness. Ok. I'm loony. Haha. Oh and I finally drove on the road.... in a buggy of course. Haha. Had chinese food at this cantonese restaurant and the fish was really delicious. Reminded me of the ones I ate in Singapore. But it was a tad bit too tiny. Weighed only a pound.
Sunday was church day. The father was talking about the incident of God bringing his disciples out on the water and there was a raging storm and they were afraid. Many times we will face storms but will we continue to put our trust in GOD when the time comes. Speaking of storm, its gloomy again today. I don't like rain. Prefer being hot and sweaty to wet and cold any day man. Ever since that terrible Wallaby experience, where we were drenched and cold the whole night, I absolutely hate rainy days. They make me grumpy. Spoils all my plans. It better not rain this weekend cause I'm going Six Flags. Oh back to where I was. We had lunch and tried the chilli crab which Lana recommended the recipe to the boss. He altered of the ingredients here and there. It was OK but Singapore's one is still numero uno.
Del helped me peel the crabs. So sweet right? I'm not chauvinistic or anything. She volunteered out of the lovingness of her own heart. Don't know why people so free and start thinking about how peeling prawns and other crustaceans is a sign of inferiority and what not. Total crap. What twisted mentality is that. I, on the other hand, feel its a perfect way to express your love by getting down and dirty if you know what I mean. Haha. Its especially rare for me too cause I am lazy and hate to dirty my hands. You all should know I'm like a clean freak.
The crabs were really expensive by the way, It cost 50 USD which is like 75 Sing. Can get bigger and juicier crabs in Singapore with that price. Aunty said that the crabs here are cleaner cause Sri Lanka ones are dirty as they live in the Ganges River where all the Indians pee and shit and do all sorts of funny business in there and they also ate up all the dead bodies during the tsunami. The ones here are caught further up North and the waters where they live in are not so polluted. I mean crabs are all scavengers so technically all of them eat crap so I see no difference. I love seafood all the same. Think she is a little racist though.
And I went shopping again. Saw Seven Jeans but they only had girls ones. Del tried a few but all weren't her size. Had a sneak peek of the women's dressing room and its like those large kind where everyone changes in front of everyone. Haha. Del, being the very conservative girl that she is, opted for the private changing room to protect her modesty of course. I bought a belt, 2 tops and 2 pants. Sorry Mum. They were really nice and so cheap. The FCUK corduroy pants was only 11 USD. So cheap. Love it. Shall show you all the pics soon.
Oh, watched 2 movies that day at home. Both were quite silly but feel-good movies nonetheless. Nanny McPhee ( Don't laugh. It was Lana's idea) and Family Stone. In the show, Sarah Jessica Parker is with this guy but ends up with his brother in the end while her sis ends up with her original BF. Sick right? Especially since everyone screws everyone in America so imagine that.
Anyway, Qing you owe me an explanation ya. Good news must be shared. Haha.
Jared, what are you doing now?
WB, call me when your exams are done. Miss talking to you.
Slacker















