<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, June 05, 2006 . 11:48 AM

My 5five


Ah… there’s nothing like nothing to do early in the morning at work! Hahahaha… Well, I think I’m the last one to be blogging about the childhood food thingy right? Here goes.

1) Nasi Ayam
- Come recess on Fridays in Primary School, every single kid will absolutely run/fly/speed/topple down to the Muslim stall to grab a plate of Nasi Ayam. Some even order 2/3 plates. Some even “book” in the morning already. I, of course, was one of them. Come to think of it, it was just some pandan rice with chicken wing / chicken drumstick. Nothing much. I have no idea why everyone including me was crazy over it.

2) Kacang Puteh
- A favourite after-school snack. I think I still vividly remember the face of the old Indian uncle who sells the sweet/salty/spicy crunchy peanuts in the canteen in Primary School. 20 cents? Ah… bliss…

3) Ice sticks
- Another firm favourite with my classmates and I in Primary School. Everyday en route to the bus-stop while going home from school, we would quietly sneak up to a nearby HDB flat on the 3rd floor and buy ice-sticks from this Malay auntie, grabbing the pastic sticks filled with coloured ice-water and paying her through her door grilles. Depending on the time of the day and when she made the ice sticks, sometimes it was hard as rock while other times, it was merely just coloured water, thus making us feel cheated.

4) Chicken rice
- I don’t really know whether it is considered “child hood” but it was very early in Sec School. I think it was when I was in Computer Club in Sec One, and in Micromouse and Mr De Hamel (anyone still remember him?) and the seniors brought me and other young ones to the chicken rice stall near Reynard’s house. I absolutely dig the rice and soup there. Still remember Mr De Hamel asking for more and more soup, totally thinking nothing of the matter.

5) Curry Puffs
- Ah… the invention of men… Well, due to the fact that they’re bad to your health in almost every way, I seldom eat them. But I absolutely lurve a good, nice, piping hot curry puff, filled with nice chewy chicken and potato bits. The best one I’ve eat was from Ang Mo Kio. Anyone has any other recommendations to add?

Soulgroove