Saturday, June 03, 2006 . 11:02 AM
I'm in a Georgia State of Mind
Hey guys. I have safely arrived here. The apartment is nice. Will upload pics and vids soon. Thank you qing for finally posting but maybe its short lived cause you will be busy now and we all know how when one is busy, one usually doesnt really bother to blog esp qing. Gd suggestion Jared.
Well my fav 5 not in order of merit are:
1. Hotcakes from Macs
Yes. I'm being really specific here. Love it with lots of melted butter and honey. Simply fattening and sinfully delicious. Haha.
2. Chicken Rice
I remember eating chicken rice every sunday after church but now my taste has changed. Quite turned off by chicken now esp since SAF never fails to give us chicken for every single bloody meal and when i get back, I will see my cousin eating chicken again. He simply adores chicken. Eats it everyday without fail and doesnt get sick of it.
3.French Fries
French fries from Macs and their garlic chilli with mayonnaise is a winning combo. I like them salty and hot. I know. I think I'll die early but I don't care. Haha.
4.Iced flavoured popsicles
Used to buy these from church at 10 cents per stick then they increased it. Really sweet and nice although its jst iced flavoured water.
5. Carrot Cake AKA Cai Tau Kway
Love it black and garlicky.
OK. I shall update you all abit. Well was still suffering from jetlag. Reached here at almost midnight on the 31st. They picked me up and I ate packet korean mee with Singaporean fishballs which were quite hard for dinner/supper. Delta Airlines was so uncomfortable. They served only snacks and the waitresses were quite elderly. Met an ang moh on board SIA. He was a political science student in NUS and he was going back for the summer. So coincidental. Clearing customs in LAX took 1 hour. Gd thing didn't miss my connecting flight. At least its an improvement from a decade ago when I was there. We took 3 hrs and I remember falling asleep on the chairs while my parents were queueing up. Still can't believe I'm here. It's like a dream I tell you.
Yesterday we went to this mall called Lenox and I bought 5 shirts. I blew 80 USD already. Haha. But they are really nice. 2 from A&F, 2 from American Eagle and another one from Polo Ralph Lauren. Shit man. Then Aunt Valerie cooked Cowboy Pasta which is Pasta cooked with beer. Quite nice. Today went to Emory Village. Ate at this famous pizza place but I ate pasta again. Scampi pasta that is. Portions were gi-normous. Del ate her pasta for dinner cause she couldn't finish it for lunch. We went to Emory too. Quite a nice uni. They had a nice 10 storey library and there is even one with moving shelves. So Harry Potter man. Absolutely Wicked. I'll be going to look at houses tommorow with them. Apparently, its a waterfront house with a nice lake view and 2 boats. Cool right. Shall show you all pics soon. Don't be too envious. Haha. Anyway, maybe we are not going Canada anymore. Sad. We just going NY and Boston while Del and me will plan our own holiday to Florida and visit her bro and his cute corgi puppy. Cant wait to squeeze it. K, Shall go do bible study now. Hope everyone is fine back home. See you all soon.
Slacker















