Sunday, July 09, 2006 . 1:02 PM
Texas Hold ' Em
Hey My Hommies, so sorry for the lack of update. Did use Uncle Pat's laptop to check the blog but didn't really have time to blog and I was lazy. Haha. Its been such a long time. So much to say. I really agree with Jacq. Can't keep up with my thoughts sometimes. Want to share with everyone but its impossible really. How nice if someone invented something which could jot down our thoughts and we could just edit them just as easily.
Firstly, I got into the Language Programme. I have decided to study french and apparently they say many people applied but I'm a little skeptical but ecstatic nonetheless cause I get the chance to go to Europe. Hopefully Switzerland or France. Hope I don't screw up. Thank God. So now I get to spend a semester in Europe and Del can come over to visit and we can travel together again. Exciting. Just the other day at dinner, everyone was talking about going to Europe for a holiday and Aunt Val asked if I'll be coming again and they wanted to include me in their plans. I was speechless really. I feel comfortable with them now. Got to know them more throughout the past few weeks of course.
WB, What's up with you now? Why never email me anymore?
Jared, How has the trip been?
Dash, Are you picking me up from the airport? Haha.
Jacq, few more weeks and I'll be back to thrash you. Excited or not?
Ok. Here has what's been going down the past few days.
Arrived in NY but we almost missed our flight due to dilly dallying. Spent $144 on taxi cause our airport was so far from the hotel we were staying in. Our hotel was in Jersey City but was just beside the PATH, which was what connected Jersey City to Manhattan. Everything is congregated in Manhattan. Population is 8 million and its really amazing. Saw people from all walks of life. Chinese, loads of Indians, Jews, Hispanics, Germans, African Americans, etc.... You name it, they got it. Didn't stick out like a sore thumb out there cause the population is so diverse. Didn't really do much the 1st 3 days cause we woke up late and so we were basically just walking around.
Went to Rockefeller Center, Madison Square, The famous Fifth Avenue. Watched a show off Broadway which was called Altar Boys. Central Park. MET. Grand Central Station. Liberty State Park for an hr of fireworks. Free ferry ride to Staten Island, where we saw the Statue of Liberty. Empire State Building made famous by King Kong and walked along Chinatown and Little Italy. Quite an experience. Wouldn't mind living in NY but a bit too hectic. Subway was really efficient. Had mainly Malaysian food and even found a Singaporean restaurant on the last night. Everyone was so excited cause they have been so deprived of Nasi Lemak and Carrot Cake. I'm so glad I don't have such cravings. Independence Day was quite quiet though. Thought that there would be major parades and lightings but they only had fireworks. Watched it from the restaurant in Liberty State Park and the food was a letdown and was too overpriced.
My pork chop for one was too tough. Well I asked for well done but I didn't know you could eat it half done. Didn't want to risk catching some pig flu there. The only good stuff was probably the Calamari which Del ordered and that was an appetiser but it was huge. Went to a premium outlet store on the way to Canada but only had 4 hours to shop. Got a few tops again. Now I'm in Canada. Liquor is so cheap.
Staying at Uncle Philip's house. Bad timing though cause this weekend, the roads are blocked and it will be really crowded cause of the World Cup finals and stuff. Bummer. Stayed home most of the day except for lunch,where we ate Singapore food again. Haha. Dinner was BBQ. Real delicious. People here love barbequed food but its not the usual charcoal kind. Learnt to play poker but a more interesting version. They wanted to play with money but good thing someone objected. I sure didn't want to play with money either. For one, I don't want to waste money and secondly, its definitely against my religion. Dad would be so mad if he knew I was drinking and betting at the same time. It was real fun. Well I just hope Niagara Falls wont be a disappointment. K shall end here. Going fishing tomorrow.
Slacker















