Monday, September 11, 2006 . 9:55 PM
Suggestion
Hey peeps...
You know what, we should exchange study tips here of all things. Bwahaha... Or you know, maybe give each other encouragement in this difficult period of transition from brain-wastage to brain-hyperactivitiy. Hurhur...
My Creative Thinking prof would suggest an excellent solution for our dear Jared - Adopt the mastery goal instead of the performance goal. In Jared's case, you are worried about the marks that you get and the performace as appraised by your prof.
However, my prof would recommend that you try to switch to mastery goal instead. In mastery goal, the person is motivated by intrinsic curiosity on the topic/subject involved and is not really bothered by the marks given. He/she is innately curious to learn, in other words. The interesting thing is that - studies have shown that people who adapt the mastery goal actually fare better in grades than those who adopt the performance goal route!!!
Of course, that is easier said than done. But my prof said, and he does make some sense, the most creative people, do creative things with 3 skills (1)technical knowledge and skills (2)creative knowledge skills (3)intrinsic motivation. (1) and (2) can be learnt and taught, but (3), is the most difficult of all. So yeah. HaHAHAHA....
For me, as much as I think Statistics suck, I try to apply the mastery goal and it has worked somewhat for me. I think. Hahaha... kinda funny yah.
Oh also, now that i've got my 1 star kayaking cert, I propose going to Bedok Reservoir to kayak!!! Yay!! Hahaha... Hrm... the problem is that because you all don't have cert, you all can't sit the close top kayak and can only do the open-top one. I'm not sure whether they will allow me to do the single close-top one because technically you need 3 single close-top ones to be able to move out at any one time. Boohoohoo...
But I'll enquire yah. Hahahaha... let's meet sometime soon!!!
Without wax,
Soulgroove















