Sunday, October 08, 2006 . 10:06 AM
a few hours ago in chicago
Hey peeps,
just got back from Chicago!!! Man, the bus ride was unbearably long, especially the return journey as we met the Rush Hour. Chicago is nowhere like Los Angeles. Admittedly, I've not explored into the city but what makes Chicago stands out from LA is its bristling skyscrapers, so cluttered yet organised. I heard Chicago's the city that produced many famous architects like Frank Lloyd Wright. Each building's architecture seem to has a story on its own...

Anyway, I was in Chicago to visit the Egyptian boy King Tutankhamun's exhibition at the Chicago Field Museum. Unfortunately, photography wasn't allowed, so I couldn't take nice shots of the pharoah's coffin and coffinettes (jars where the internal organs are kept). I did learnt quite alot about the history of ancient Egypt... Essentially, the Egyptians were very superstitious people, who believe strongly in afterlife - which explains why their funerals are always so elaborate. In case you didn't know, a pharoah is an intermediary of a mortal and a God, and after his death, pharoahs are suppose to ascend to become one of the great Gods. Egyptians like blue so much because it represents restoration and endurance (again, to do with afterlife). And often, cobras, vultures and falcons ornaments adorn the Pharoah and his mummy because these creatures have magical protective powers that can protect them. Now when shall I plan my trip to Egypt?? hahaha....

Even though it's a whole day burnt, I'm glad I finally got out of Madison to breathe some city air! Got 2 midterm exams next week!!! Gotta cheong tomorrow!!! take care! byeZ!
dash















