<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, September 30, 2006 . 12:42 PM

it's only "words"


it's the weekend!!!

down with a week of tests and exam... another wave to come next week. *sigh*

Now after going through a month of Psychology lectures and experiments, I'm beginning to suspect that I might be just too extremely reliant on the right-side of my brain. How did I come to that conclusion? Almost everybody knows the left side is adapted for analytical thinking and language abilities, whereas the right side allows us to make sense of spatial relations and faces. Recognizing faces, making sense of space and all, I may score a 100%. But language abilities. None.

It gets especially frustrating when it comes to writing reports. I take such a long time, maybe still not done yet after all the cows have come home. I want to say something, yet I'm unsure if it's precisely what I want to say. Then I wonder if it's the "correct" thing to say, and then the chain of thought goes on and on... "What if the person misinterprets?" and more what ifs and what ifs and what ifs... Is a writer's job that difficult?

I was telling a friend the other day how I just envy those people who can speak their mind, those who use a pen like how a samurai uses his sword.... words and thoughts spill out of their brains effortlessly. Every experience is so rich, so unique and many a times I want to express them in words, to be locked forever. Then I realise the locks aren't the pen ink and paper.... It's all up there, locked in my brain - as long as my memory doesn't fail me. Maybe that's why I'm so into photos - another characteristics of right brainer (very visual) - as the old saying goes, a picture speaks more than a thousand words.

Come to think of it, the actual experiences of everything can never be shared in a manner resembling our own internal awareness of them, no matter how well we write, or how well we express... - maybe only God knows. I can know how much someone loves me, but I can never comprehend how it feels for that person to love me. Do I make sense? That's because our feelings and emotions are so much bigger than mere words. "Words are just words."

I guess we are just so inadequate in one way or another...

Words - my foe, my friend.
Words - I hate you. I love you.
See... I can't even make up my mind!!!














On a lighter note, I had my first iceskating experience today!!! Hey, I'm quite a pro ok?? Haha... Glad my rollerblading background came in useful. What a way to let some hair down after a long week. Perhaps, I should practise to learn how to ice skate backwards!!! Haha.... Take care peeps. Enjoy the weekend!

A week to Chicago...
dash