<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 . 9:19 PM

part 2 of 3: reformation


Hello my dears,

Part 2 of my 3-part installment of living a life abroad, my life that is…. Yes, in a flash, I’ve been away from home for 2 months! I’ve completed the first cycle of midterm exams and the second cycle’s gonna come in about a week’s time. Weather wise, it’s really starting to get cold here – temperatures hitting sub-zero in the early morning and at night – and it’ll only get worse. In addition, the daylight hours are starting to decrease!!! And that’s a definitely NO-NO for a sun-lover like moi!!! *sobs* Just last month, the sun sets at around 7:30pm and now, it gets completely dark by 6:45pm! It’s gonna hit 4:30pm at the deep of winter. Sianz…

Well, last month, I talked about the “rebirth” process – how I have to start everything from scratch, being thrown “helplessly” into a foreign environment. Honestly, I’ve gotten used to having to do everything – housekeeping, laundry, settling my meals – big and small by myself. Physical adaptation – 100% complete (or at least I think so…) but what I do struggle, occasionally, is the very fact of being physically separated from the people whom I love and care for (and vice versa).

A reformation process, which usually starts effecting changes in a person, follows a rebirth. I believe I’m still being shaped and molded by the environment, by the people whom I make contact with and by the activities I engage myself in. And the most potent force of reformation, in my opinion, is ‘losing’ the people that use to make up my everyday. People like family and friends.... they somehow aren't that 'accessible' now. I miss having Joo around to disturb at my disposal *sniggers*. I miss having Daddy pop by my room, be it just a look or a cup of hot "ge gen tang" when I'm having the snuffles.... I miss the convenience of having Jie around for a relax chat and discuss about "challenging" issues i.e. religion. I miss the night chats whenever I pop by Mum's room when she's rolling her hair.... Sigh

And I can't dial 6789*2** (ops, confidentiality here) as and when I like to hear Jared's sexy DJ voice! HAHAHA..... and Rey, sorry I can't be there to share your burdens, but please keep the emailing going. And all the usual hangouts/gatherings with clique, army friends, small groups.... it just doesn't happen now. But I think that separation might not really necessarily be a bad thing. An old adage goes, "Absence make the heart grow fonder..."?? And having to rely heavily on myself, I'm forced to be more independent and will be "stronger than yesterday!" *Britney Spear's Stronger plays at the background* HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAH




















I’m thinking green now….. Realized that I miss army quite a lot – those “no-brainer” days when one just acts upon instructions like a programmed robot. It was the people whom I’ve come to know in army that made the whole experience more sensible and meaningful…. Quite a lot of shit we’ve done together, but we survived! I’m just thankful for the experience even though I’m not quite over with army making me more stupid! *puis* And the men are ORD-ing soon!!!! How fast is that? Taking them as recruits seems like what happened just a couple of days ago!



















And I’m thinking of winter break too… Ah…. It’s finalized! Air tix to ORLANDO, FLORIDA on Christmas Eve booked!!! Ma ma MIAMI, too, here I come. Haha…. Traveling will never cease to excite me. Miss the Taj Mahal – ooohh what a beauty. Miss the Great Wall – I still haven’t got a good picture of you yet! Miss Australia too, coz I wanna hug the koalas!!! Weibin, I wanna visit you in Sydney someday!!! Miss Hollywood coz I had a B-L-A-S-Tin good time there and I haven’t been to Disneyland!



















Watch out for the last installment, coming next month! Adios!

Cheers,
dash