<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, January 08, 2007 . 9:31 PM

I Got Served...


Dang! I got served my 1st ticket recently. Went with Qing and Elvin to eat and parked along the rd with continuous white line. Went against my better judgement. You guys owe me. Haha. Just joking. It was 70 buckeroos. Felt really bad cause my parents paid for it. What an expensive tze char ya. Had an accident recently. Didn't see the post when I was reversing near Y hse and I knocked into it. The noise generated was qte loud that it garnered a few stares. There was a little dent and the paint came out. Gd thing it was not too bad. Upon closer inspection, my dad realised that the rear light had cracked. Been kind of reckless I feel. Shall pray and be more careful next time cause I ain't insured. Mum says we might be getting a bigger car 2 yrs later.

Anyway, its kind of late but I still wanna wish everyone a Merry Xmas and Blessed year ahead. Sorry for MIA-ing for so long. I really wish the best to everyone. I won't say that I hope everything will be smooth sailing from here on out cause I really think that if everything were smooth sailing for everyone then we wouldn't learn anything. Trials and tribulations moulds character. We have to undergo the refiner's fire to become pure ya.

Meta was a blast. God really spoke to me this camp about my fears and insecurities and about the areas I'm withholding from Him. How very difficult it is to totally surrender to the Lord. Everyone wants to control some part of their lives but I feel its cause we fail to realise how much He truly loves us. He loves us more than we love ourselves. Its only then that we come to the realisation that we can offer Him nothing more than total submission and even then it is not enough.

Co leading with Deb was great. Project X taught me a lot too. While evangelising to this mentally unsound lady and a chi speaking hawker lady, I felt a burden in my heart. Dan and I regretted that we could not really talk to her properly cause we couldn't translate certain words even though I could still understand what she was saying. The spiritual warfare was really real. The other lady got me quite agitated and for a minute I thought if we were wasting our time on her. But seeing how Dan was sitting there so patiently, listening to her and it really struck me how impatient I was. God also told me that it was not for me to judge who I should or should not spread the word too. And this was reiterated numerous times before. Maybe I'm not as patient and humble as I thought I was. Ultimately, God revealed that He is in control of all situations and I just want to praise Him for his faithfulness in my life.

Last Sun sermon was on discipleship which I felt was so relevant, considering I'm leading the youths this year. Its going to be a busy year. Yesterday's message was on r/s and how we are not meant to be alone in this world. Everyone needs to be loved and wants acceptance but we cannot simply rely on men to provide us with that assurance. How very true. Well on another note, I want to thank Him for my results. It was not spectacular. On the contrary, it was average. But I still thank Him cause it was qte a diff period during the exams cause of the prob and I was not consistent at all during the sem so I really wanna thank Him for sticking with me. the target of 4.5 next sem is unreachable. In order to get a 4.0 this sem, i need to get A+/A for every mod and a 4.6. Way to go Mr Lye. Well go figure.

Sorry Jared and WB for not returning your calls. The area at Meta had bad reception cause we were underground and I was busy. When I came back, I was just resting whole of last week. Being a hermit. Then I dropped my hp recently and the screen cracked. Lost some contacts cause I didn't save it to my SIM. Silly me. So now I'm using this really old version of Nokia but then at least its the durable type. Trust it more. Qte wasted cause I used the phone like a few months and my mum paid 100 plus for it.

WB- pass me your mum's hp number again. Very sorry pal. I promise to make it up to you. Must meet k. Really sorry. But then again you are always with Ms LL, where got time for me. Haha. Hope everything is fine with you too.

Jared- Congrats on your results. Stop worrying so much. Rem that if you honour God and seek His ways, He will bless you richly. so eager to know my results and want to flaunt your results at me is it... Haha. Happy for you. Keep it up and see ya in sch.

Qing- Thanks so much for the card bestie. Don't need to be so despo. Conc on your studies. Rem all these things are fleeting ya.

Elvin- You interested to come church with me?

JH- Bestest! Thanks for the 2 hr talk. Your hair is long. But not as long as mine. Muahaha. Sorry for the 10:1 ratio. Thanks for reminding me how gd it is to talk to you again. Really miss the times we can just go out and talk abt everything and anything. Sorry I wasn't at my comp that day. Hope you weren't too distressed or anything. Hear from you real soon k.