Friday, April 01, 2005 . 5:11 PM
Out of the blue
It's really been a long time since anyone really updated this man...
Elvin I must say, you're doing a great job at keeping me from updating since I always go to read your blog first and I end up wanting to read more of others blog I end up feeling lazy about updating this supposedly 6-in-1 blog that's not living up to it's 'name'.
And before I go on, yes Elvin I'm sorry I didn't call ok. Please don't leave me out on your next session, I don't wanna be alone again.
Guys, where are you???
Sighz. But I still come back quite often though, even so there's JH's once in a while posts and recently, Jared's excellent post.
I'll take a shot at this.
Well, I'll start, see, since I felt the urge of going back to church?
Well somehow during an earlier episode I felt God's nudging and decided to return to church. It's been sometime since I stopped attending Bethesda Serangoon anyway.
Well, you could say God almost directed me to church, sorta. There was this period when I went for 2 straight outfield covers and during those days I stumbled upon a verse in Revealation - To th Church in Ephesus..... Rev 2:2 - 2:5 "I know your deeds, your hard work and your perserverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked man, that you have tested those whoclaim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: YOu have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place."
Only then did it struck me - even though I'm not as good as what it says about'hard work' and 'perserverance', I feel that somehow I've done my part; being critical about people who I find 'wicked' or 'false'. I've tried to give in my best in all I do, play my part and be a good man. But somehow along the way I've forgotten about the Lord himself. So that was a nudge, and I prayed over it. I told God that, yes, I want to go back to church, but I needed a sign. And the next day it was, my previous church friend sent me a message. The contents aren't important. But receiving that message, an out-of-the-blue message from a friend I haven't keep in contact with for so long. It was already God's answer. So now I'm following mum to her church - Paya Lebar Methodist Church. Just thought I'd like a change of environment. Am now thinking of joining their Youth service. Well actually went once with Reynard, but it was more of like a service to our stomach. Cos we ended up just eating their buffet and left.
Well, that beside, I'm also thankful that God saw me through passing up the application to the 4 Aust unis and to NUS. Took one test already actually. Was a 3 hour 100 questions MCQs. Really tire me out. It's been a long time since I touched my pencil and eraser, and did I mention, my brain. Had to read through this whole chunk of information for every few questions. Well, still have the interviews to go and still some more tests. Future is in a blur now, but I'm learning to depend on Him. And I kinda like that feeling. A feeling of peace, and its not so bad, even when all around me is changing and people are unpredictable.
It's already Apr, yay!! 11 more months to ORD!!
Well. These days we seem to meet up more often as well so it's really cool. Hope we can relinquish our power of 6 some time soon! =)
But in the meantime, hey, update the blog!!!!
WB co.















