<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9137772?origin\x3dhttp://brotherswithoutanswers.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, March 06, 2005 . 8:17 PM

on loosing connections


While many (like you all) are having their little gatherings and boding sessions, I'm currently so bogged down with work. Though it has been very trying, I'd like to think I've learnt a great deal along the way - especially when it comes to handling people. You wouldn't want to know how complex the "political situation" here in camp can get. Sad to say, but yeah... it's the relational problems that's breaking us down. I'm expecting some protest to break out soon. *sigh*

Yeah.... just came back from a 2 week confinement period and also back from sunny tekong. In fact, not-so-sunny Tekong. It has been rainy a few days. I remembered my field camp was held under the baking hot sun. This is quite the exact opposite. I should think the recruits did have a few "tekan" sessions but I assure you guys I'm definitely not some sadist or mastermind behind any tekan. Please, I was so tired I didn't even bothered to steal rifles in the dead of the night. I treated the field camp as though some summer outfield, getting-in -touch with nature camp... basking under the sun, gorging on can food instead of forcing combat rations down my throat, and simply enjoying a good bath at the end of the day.

I'm so so so so out of touch with my other friends.... People in church.... I try my best to meet up for sunday fellowship whenever I can. People from JC... the last time I met them, it was like 8 jan? How can I forget my buddies here.... Sigh, not that I want to, but duty calls. Hope you guys can understand. Got lots of things to talk about when we meet again. What about 19th March??? The recruits will be POPing on the 15th. I'll be on leave that whole week. FINALLY......... Because of the limited time I have out camp, my focus is naturally on my family and also building up my spiritual side.... Not forgetting driving and stuffs..... Seriously speaking, I'm really afraid I'm gonna loose all my friends because of the "enclosed" lifestyle I'm leading now... scary sia.

I'm also quite lazy to sms nowadays. Dunno why, but i'll make the effort too kae? Jared, tried calling you yesterday but no one was at home.... see ya guys soon. Please do not hesitate to flood my inbox, email and phoneline when you guys are free k? Don't wanna loose you all too...HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

blessed week ahead!~

cheers,
dash