Monday, November 24, 2008 . 1:01 PM
very random thoughts on a very random weekend
so the weekend flew by again... nothing very spectecular about this weekend - as usual. even though thanksgiving break is just a couple of days away, i'm far from feeling the holiday mood. spent 9 hours on a saturday in lab... yes, 9 hours. When I left home, sun was shining high and bright, but by the time I left, it was cold and dark... i was frustrated with the column and with myself for being impatient and being such a klutz, always trying to multitask but end up doing a terrible job. I should thank God I didn't lose my compound... it just took a bl**dy long time. my stomach was howling in protest for i was surviving on some biscuits and a hot cup of Milo - the entire day... frustrated, hungry and tired was I.
i wondered, why do I have to "torture" myself this way.
i felt a little better after dinner. we had dinner at Samba, a Brazilian meat buffet, analogous to Brazil Churrascaria over at 6th Ave in Singapore. Boy, i never had so much meat in a weekend before. We also had lots of meat over at Great Dane with Lokie and the rest for dinner. I ought to watch my spendings, approaching bankruptcy soon. :x
oh, this morning on the way back from church, we got a flat tire.... yes, we always see those unfortunate stuff on TV but it actually happened to us. The Law was driving along Mineral Point, and suddenly, we both heard the car gruntling from behind. We thought it might have been the road, but we've driven on the same road week after week, and have not hear weird sounds before when driving on that same stretch of road. So we pulled over to check out what's wrong with the car. Lo and behold, the tire was flat. Time to get the mechanic in us to work.... so the few of us got our act together, and had some fun changing the flat tire. It took us at most 30 minutes.... not bad for novices like us. :) Not to gloat over the Law's misfortune, but I think it was quite a fun experience. I can't imagine doing that alone...
today's message in church struck a chord in me as well... Pastor Rosensteel talked about how we need so desperately for soft hearts, for hard hearts are cast in stone - resistant to change. We were all encouraged to confess our sins, which is something everyone's probably not comfortable about. I'm thankful for friends like you guys, where I can just talk and share about anything... I do hope I can extend that kind of openess to friends over here...
ah.... work.... i'm reminded that i still have some stuff to prepare for class tomorrow. don't know why i feel obliged to blog today... maybe this is my "sounding board", for me to look back, 5, 10, 20 years down the road, to realize just how random i am....
i am.
really random....
oh, haha.... happy birthday yun! miss ice-cream nights with you and you hollering "wo ya bi ye le" into my ears.... i really wanna shout out "WO YE YAO BI YE LE!!!!"
dash















