Tuesday, February 17, 2009 . 3:12 PM
overwhelmed
It’s just over 1 am. Here I am, ensconced in my armchair, typing away in the heat of the night. Brain pretty much frizzled from the hive of activities going on today. Not the best start to the week I must admit. Mondays actually aren’t the most dreadful, even though it’s a really long day because of ballroom dance classes at night. But despite feeling tired, I really enjoyed the dance. That 2 hours, I was pretty much focused on dancing and kindda let my troubles and worries (for the day) stray from my watchful eyes. Things just hit the bumpy side of the road for my research today. Shan’t go into the details here, but don’t worry folks, I’m ok. Just completed a horrible pchem lab quiz and still have not begun the prelab for tomorrow’s session! Ah, how unbecoming of me…. Bad student, bad bad student.
Anyway, I guess I’d post something in case people do check back… though I feel like I’m talking to myself on this blog. I’m blogging on the account of Jared’s plea (in his postcard, thanks bud) to update frequently (as you can see, not that frequently, but I’ll try) on the blog. Wanna thank friends and family for remembering my birthday. For organizing a surprise dinner (yes, you caught me there…), the prezzies, and the bouquet (yes!!! I still can’t believe it, but I’ll forgive you guys since it is from you all!!! hahaha). Even though this semester didn’t turn out as slack as it was to be (yes, I have myself to blame for that), I thank God for things that I can look forward to. Daddy’s leave got approved, and their plane tickets to the US have been settled! Hoorah! Friends from all over will be dropping by Madison for visiting. Hoorah hoorah! Can barely contain my excitement at this point. Oh, and spring break plans have been finalized. No Cancun – sadly. But I guess company matters most! Cancun, can always wait, but travelling with good friends – not always. So here’s what I’ve been up to lately….
recent trip to New Glarus, WI - the little swiss of wisconsin

yes, birthday bouquet! not what i'd expect, but i appreciate the effort to surprise me. ha.
cl's 22nd birthday / yuan xiao potluck at my place
cl's 22nd birthday / yuan xiao potluck at my place
someone moved the statue of liberty to cold cold wisconsin!!! and it's buried beneath the frozen lake of mendota!!!
dash
















