Friday, September 01, 2006 . 1:33 AM
Happy 27th Anniversary!!
Happy 27th Anniversary Mum and Dad! So proud of you guys. You have guided us in the best way you could. May you have many more sweet years of marriage ahead. Love you all.
Happy birthday Gladwin. Though you are stuck in camp now but at least you are posting out soon. Hang in there.
Oh and since you share the same birth date as Malaysia, you could have been entitled to a free trip next year if only you were 50 next year too. Haha.
Happy birthday Rongen and Pauline too!
JH, you have been flooding the blog ya. Interesting right? Now we can name it your blog. Haha. Have you been blogging or are all those your diary entries which you stored in your laptop and you just cut and paste? You live in a house? Anyway, haven't talked to you for so long! Continue to post pics. So you used up one sachet of the Bak Kut Teh we gave you?
Jared, cling onto your faith or what's left of it cause you never know when that little trickle of faith will become a fountain. The worst will be over and we will always be here for you man. Clueless brothers ya! So proud of you. You did great that day cause we didn't hear you go off key. Haha.
Matt, thanks for letting me stay over that night. Great catching up. Long overdue. Your house is in a real mess man. Haha. Gonna have a hard time if you move. All the best with D and just let God take control. If it happens, it happens. But continue to stay focused like you always have.
Jacq, don't anyhow call me huckleberry shit! You are destroying the name. And stop opening your mouth so wide. Its very disgusting and unlady like. Didn't RGS have eating etiquette classes? You pon the class is it? You should learn more from Del. She eats so gu niang that sometimes I feel irritated. Haha. Anyway, had a great time catching up with you the past week. And thanks for your sticky date pudding but good thing I didn't eat too much. On top of my throat feeling bad, I could have contracted diabetes. You are really a big mouth literally and figuratively. I'm not being bad. I'm giving you pointers on how to improve your image. Or whats left of it. But no matter how unsightly you eat or big your mouth is, I'll still love you. Haha.
Weibin, I'm serious. When you get back, you have to come and meet me and watch me study. If not, I won't be able to see you much cause I'll be flying off on the 4th of Dec. How is the moving man? You moved to a bigger house is it?
Qing, thanks for accompanying me that day. How "high" are you now? Thanks for all the sharing ya. Continue to exude that spunkiness and HARDOO GAY trait. I'm sure a certain someone will be very pleased!!!
3 weeks into school and I'm still trying to adapt to the change in environment. Must go with the flow. So much readings. Tutorials have started and we have projects coming up. 1st Jap tutorial went quite badly. Didn't know what to say although I read through a bit then I still can't read very fast while some people in class seem to do so well. Must be they practised very well or they had prior lessons. But I'm catching up. Still trying to memorise katakana and read more fluently. There will be a taping in class tomorrow somemore. Added pressure. This is on top of the fact that we have to memorise and act out a conversation in Japanese. Met Dawa in school too. Been meeting up with people and going for Jared's concert and even met Jean. Coincidentally, she was sitting just beside me. Great to see you again girl.
I'm officially joining Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). Had our 1st LM (Life Meeting) today. We played this interesting game called the Game of Life. Not the board game version of course. We were given Life Cards where they stated our religion, occupation, etc. Then there were different stations in the LT like Hospital and Bank and Prison. So its like we had to do different things and its really a reflection of what we want in our lives. So many a times we are more preoccupied with making money and travelling and focus more on things of this earth then in spreading the word, which is our main purpose when we converted ( in the game and also in real life) . But many of us don't do that. Its like Sociology at work.
Whenever an announcement was made, being typical Singaporeans, everyone would rush to that particular booth and do whatever is required of them. When I was "converted", I was more interested in getting money and buying stuff and only spread the word to the people while I was queueing up at the booths. It was more of a convenience thing rather than a priority. Is God more of a convenience than a necessity to you? Think I have to re evaluate my priorities. Interesting game. Kudos to the LM Comm. There was even this girl who was so preoccupied with going to the bank to collect her salary, she completely brushed off the guy who was trying to spread the word to her. Wonder if she is a christian but I was thinking it was so weird. Maybe she was afraid of going to jail but its just a game.
Since Club Rainbow takes forever to reply, I have decided to give my Tuesdays to the Methodist Welfare Services instead. I will be going to one of the centres next Thursday to check it out. Seems like my schedule is slowly filling up. Wonder when is Canoe trials?
Seniors suggest I should major in social work instead if my desire is to be a counsellor. Must pray for directions. Thank you Lord for always directing my path and leading me even though I may not always see the path clearly. But I know not tomorrow but I know who holds my hand.
Shall post pics the next time and also the much anticipated video of HARDOO GAY!!!
Slacker















